December 25, 2015
The first thing you’ll notice when you visit Eve Organics is that we stock natural beauty products that are a little bit different; from ranges that you may not have heard of before. One of my obsessions is ‘uncovering’ the natural beauty ranges that haven’t hit the big-time yet – that are handmade in workshops and gardens, by passionate women from all corners of the globe.
In the last two years, Eve Organics has introduced five new ranges to Australian shores: Blissoma, Fable Naturals, Harlow, Aucocisco Naturals and our latest range, Captain Blankenship, produced in New York’s beautiful Hudson River Valley.
I’ve always had a thing for artisan ranges, and Eve Organics has always been a little bit bohemian; by default! When I first started Eve Organics, I was a university student still trying to figure out what my passion was; and I was suffering from persistent hormonal acne. After I’d tried everything (and I mean everything) to clear my skin, I finally turned to natural skin care, thinking; “If it’s not working anyway – then I may as well start using products that are good for me.” But, they did work – and the range that worked for me was a niche skin care line unknown in Australia which I found while I was on holiday in the United States. The range is called Blissoma – and it’s now one of the best-selling ranges at Eve Organics.
I try my best to ‘see through’ the marketing hype and find ranges that offer something unique; and I hope that comes across in the eclectic nature of the range at Eve Organics. Every product in-store is here for a reason.
So, how do these unique, handmade ranges find their way to the Eve Organics shelves? Here are my criteria for choosing natural beauty products.
- They have to be really, truly natural. Every ingredient in the formulation should have a purpose – no fillers, preservatives, fragrances or unnecessary toxic ingredients of any kind. Believe it or not, products that meet this requirement are extremely difficult to find!
- They have to work. I try out every range stocked at Eve Organics; no exceptions! It’s one of my favourite parts of the job – and it means I get to know the products inside out. Have a question about a product or having trouble choosing? Send me an email; I’ll be happy to help!
- Their ingredients have to be ethically-sourced, and produced naturally (even some natural compounds can be synthetically produced; such as potassium sorbate. If you’re not sure, always ask where an ingredient is derived from. )
- They have to look beautiful on the bathroom shelf! Packaging is just one aspect that contributes to the quality and feel of a range; but it’s important to me. The ranges I fall in love with are the ones that are a little bit different and gorgeous.
- They have to be beautiful to use. A skin care regime is a ritual – as females, it’s usually the first thing we do when we wake up and the last thing we do before we go to sleep – so it has to be pleasurable! That means products that are easy to use, smell beautiful and feel luxurious on the skin. There’s no way of knowing this without trying a product – which is why I’ve done the work for you! I’m so confident in the Eve Organics range that we have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied with your product/s for any reason, simply return them within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange; no questions asked.
No animal testing here!
What’s your criteria for choosing natural beauty products? Is it similar to mine? I’d love to hear your thoughts! And as always, if you know of an all-natural skin care range you’d like to see stocked at Eve Organics – please let me know!