June 15, 2015
- Take a bath. Ease sore muscles and clear nasal passages with a warm herbal bath. You can make the experience more therapeutic by sprinkling in some bath soak or adding a few drops of massage oil. Raw Gaia’s Massage Oil for Sore Muscles contains invigorating ginger, uplifting bergamot and black pepper essential oils to soothe the body and unwind the mind. You’ll be feeling better in no time!
- Drink honey & lemon. There’s a reason cough sweets contain these two super-ingredients. Together, they soothe the airways while adding antiviral protection and easing congestion. You can either add a teaspoon of each to your tea, or just drink with hot water.
- Dose up on vitamins. Vitamin C and zinc are particularly beneficial for supporting immune function – and you can take them in combination.
- Eat the right foods. Garlic contains the immune-boosting compound allicin, and any foods rich in vitamin A such as carrots, sweet potato and dark leafy greens will help to support the immune system when it’s working overtime. If you’re particularly congested, eating spicy foods can help to clear the sinuses – try adding some chilli, wasabi or horseradish to your meals.
- Get enough sleep. It can be hard to sleep well when you’re not feeling your best – so go to bed earlier and give your body a chance to recouperate. It needs all the recovery time it can get! A lavender heat pack or drinking lavender or chamomile tea before bed can help to relax the mind and body if you’re having trouble dozing off.